Making for the Museum
Join us for Spring 2023 After School
February 3 – April 7!
In this special projects after school class, we will build a large scale geodesic dome for the Asheville Art Museum’s exhibit on Buckminster Fuller!
Throughout the process we’ll learn about the inventor, scientist, and philosopher, test Fuller’s structural theories, look into the “why” behind the dome, and experiment with materials and methods. Students will imagine their own solutions to issues of housing and climate today.
The finished piece will be exhibited in the Asheville Art Museum in the Spring of 2023!
Spring 2023 After School
Fridays, 4 – 6:30pm
Feb 3 – April 7
For students ages 13+
$375 for 10 weeks
Open to SkillSet students who have taken 2 or more classes!Financial Aid is Available
- Designing for public exhibition
- A understanding of the geometry and physics of structural engineering
- Safe use of wood and/or metal shop equipment
- 3D design of large scale objects
- Collaborative problem solving and teamwork
Spring 2023 After School Programs
UNC Asheville STEAM Studio
821 Riverside Dr. Ste 140
Asheville NC 28801
Get in Touch!